EVIL UNIONS DOMINATE THE STATE GOVERNMENT WORKFORCE IN ILLINOIS
Oh no, the horror! The Chicago Tribune in its lead editorial today exposes the horrible fact that nearly 96 percent of the Illinois state government workforce is unionized. Not only that, but many of the other 4% are trying to join a union to avoid layoffs and or pay reductions.
The Tribune is demanding legislators do something about this terrible situation. The chutzpah of this paper is incredible. They are constantly berating unionized workers because they make a higher wage and better benefits than non unionized state workers and many other people.
Maybe if the Tribune would stop being such a hypocritical, union bashing, teacher bashing, working man bashing newspaper they might not be a complete business failure and in bankruptcy.
Stop the hypocrisy, Tribune. You back a political candidate for president who is quoted as saying,” I’m not going to apologize for being successful in America. We honor success in America”. The Tribune seems to be saying, “we honor success in America, as long as you gained your success by owning a business or inheriting your daddy’s wealth and never belonged to an evil union.
It’s interesting that the Tribune never became obsessed with bashing unions, teachers and public sector workers until these people finally began earning a decent living after years of living near the poverty level. As long as unionized workers were near the bottom of the wage scale, things were fine. Once union and public workers began earning a respectable wage and benefits, they became the enemy. Chicago Tribune, you are U N B E L I E V A B L E !