Al Kleen is a retired teacher with 37 years of teaching experience in both public and private junior high/middle schools. He taught 17 years in the City of Chicago and 20 years in a west-Chicago suburb.
This web site has been established in order to defend and support the hardworking school teachers of America. The following list contains a few of the many concepts that will be discussed.
- Why during the last several years teachers have come under unprecedented criticism.
- Why “teacher bashing” has replaced baseball as the national pastime, and what teachers and their unions should be doing about it.
- Why merit pay is a terrible concept and why all teachers should be opposed it.
- Why teacher tenure is a necessary evil and should be retained.
- How teacher unions have failed their memberships.
- How and why the demands on teachers have increased dramatically in the last decade; and why teachers have allowed it to happen.
To contact the author, please e-mail ribeyeal at aol.com (replace “at” with @ and removes the spaces).